Thank you 2019! You have been great! 2020 here we come!
Ready to say “Farewell 2019”, we add yet another page to our story of challenging the standards. We are looking back on an eventful and dynamic year for us, with projects that have added value, unlocked opportunities and made a real contribution to our constant evolution.
We thank our clients for their trust and appreciation and our teams from all over the country for their continuous dedication and excellent work.
Here is our recap for 2019:
In March this year, NNDKP launched the “Center for Excellency in Fiscal Disputes (NNDKP CELF), an initiative that is the reflection of the collaboration for more than 10 years between the company’s dispute resolution and tax advisory teams. NNDKP CELF provides integrated assistance from the very first audit of the fiscal authorities until the end of the litigation stage. Key contacts for NNDKP CELF are Partners Emil Bivolaru, Marius Ezer, Daniela Gramaticescu (Disputes Resolution), Alina Timofti, Marius Ionescu (Tax). More on the objectives and activity of NNDKP CELF can be read here.
In line with its mission, in November 2019, NNDKP CELF organized the second edition of its annual conference dedicated to and tackling subjects such as anti-abuse rules and artificial arrangements, tax procedure instruments available to tax payers involved in tax disputes, VAT 2020 and DAC 6. More news and events are disseminated through our Tax or Legal Flash News – details can be found here.
15 years anniversary of the Timisoara office
15 years ago we opened the Timisoara office to ensure that prompt and efficient legal and fiscal advice is provided to our clients whose businesses cover the county of Timiș but also neighboring counties such as Arad, Bihor, Caraș-Severin, Hunedoara. Since then, we have been making a contribution to the dynamics of the business environment in Timisoara. Thank you for being with us as we continue this journey together! On the occasion of our anniversary, Eva Forika received an award from the Romanian Chamber of Commerce in Timisoara.
For a glimpse into the spirit of this celebration, see a few screen shots here.
Setting up a strong Legal & Tax Advisory Structure in Transylvania
At the end of 2019, after evaluating the needs of the legal market in the Transylvania region and the expectations of local clients, NNDKP and the law firm of Păun Ciprian and Associates (PCA Law Office) from Cluj-Napoca decided to join forces and merge. The main objective of this merger is to create a strong local legal and tax advisory structure for the business community in Cluj-Napoca (Cluj County) and the neighboring counties. Ciprian Paun and Cristina Bidiga will co-head the office.
30 years of business, 30 years of capitalism, 3 generations of entrepreneurs
Our C0-Managing Partners, Ion Nestor and Manuela Nestor were named as representatives of the first generation of Romanian entrepreneurs (1990 – 2000 period) included by Ziarul Financiar in their analysis “30 years of business, 30 years of capitalism, 3 generations of entrepreneurs”.
Also, according to the annual analysis of the Largest Companies in the Romanian Economy, NNDKP continues to be the largest law firm active in Romania and leads the rankings regarding the legal profession prepared by the leading newspaper Ziarul Financiar.
Furthermore, in recognition of the outstanding contribution to the evolution of the Romanian business environment, Ion Nestor and Manuela Nestor are included in the 2019 edition of the 1000 most important business people in Romania yearbook prepared by Ziarul Financiar.
Rankings in the international legal guides
We have continued to maintain a dominant position in the legal rankings prepared by reputable international legal guides (2019 edition), which reconfirms once again our prime position on the Romanian legal business market:
- Ranked first (Band 1) in all practice areas (12 practice areas) researched in Romania in which the firm was included by Chambers Europe
- Ranked first (Tier 1) in 12 out of 15 practice areas researched in Romania by Legal 500
- Ranked first (Tier 1) in all four practice areas researched in Romania by IFLR 1000
- Recommended firm for litigation and transaction matters, as well as prosecution in the IAM Patent 1000
- Gold by WTR 1000, being the only firm awarded this distinction for both i) enforcement and litigation and ii) prosecution and strategy
- The only law firm top ranked in all the five areas researched in Romania, specifically i) Copyright & related rights ii) Patent contentious, iii) Patent prosecution, iv) Trademark contentious and v) Trademark prosecution, by Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars
- “Law Firm of the Year in the Data Protection sector” (Romanian Legal Awards by Legal Marketing)
- “Law Firm of the Year in the Energy sector” (Romanian Legal Awards by Legal Marketing)
- “Law Firm of the Year in the Real Estate sector” (Romanian Legal Awards by Legal Marketing)
Moreover, in 2019 several NNDKP practitioners received awards or recognition for their professional performance in this highly competitive domestic market and in key sectors for the Romanian economy such as energy and real estate. These include:
- Gabriela Cacerea – Top Lawyer in the Corporate/Commercial/M&A sector
- Ruxandra Bologa – Top Lawyer in the Energy and Natural Resources sector and Lady Lawyer in the Energy and Natural Resources sector
- Ioana Niculeasa – Top Lawyer in the Real Estate sector
- Roxana Ionescu – The only lawyer active in Romania acknowledged as an expert on Data Privacy and Protection in the Who’s Who Legal Data 2019
Sharing our knowledge and expertise
- 49 events dedicated to the business community in which NNDKP lawyers and consultants participated as speakers and which were attended by more than 3000 participants across the country (Bucharest, Brasov, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara).
- Over 15 sectors covered (alphabetically): Arbitration, Banking & Financing, Competition, Data Protection, Financial Services, Gaming, Human Resources, Labor and Employment, Intellectual Property, Insolvency, Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Public Procurement, Real Estate, Restructuring, Tax, Technology, Telecommunications
- More than 50 written contributions prepared by our lawyers and tax consultants on a wide range of topics and published in different international and domestic media outlets or online platforms
We are looking forward to 2020 which marks the 30th anniversary of NNDKP!
See you all in 2020!